HARRINGTON FUNERAL HOME
HARRINGTON FUNERAL HOME was originally founded in the 1930's. Since that time the funeral home has had several owners, as well as names. The name we have today was due to the partnership of Frank C. Wilson and D. Vernon Harrington in 1961. It then became Wilson-Harrington Funeral Home. Then in 1994 Frank Wilson passed away. At that time the name was then changed to it's present day name.
On October 4, 1996, D. Vernon Harrington died. The estate was tied up until January 2002, at which time assets were purchased by Edward W. Parnell, Jr. licensed funeral director & embalmer and Frances Greene Presnell, Hostess. The name Harrington Funeral Home remained the same. On March 28, 2003 Edward W. Parnell, Jr. purchased Frances Greene Presnell's stock and became sole owner of the funeral home, with his wife Cheryl.
Edward W. Parnell,Jr., a Licensed Funeral Director & Embalmer,and his wife Cheryl are sole owners of the firm. Ed is now serving as its President and the manager.